Sunday, June 22, 2014

Darn You Windows!

So I decided last night to install my free copy of Parallels that I got when I purchased my mac book pro along with a copy of Windows 7 on my Mac.

The copy of Windows 7 was an old one that I got in 2009.  I had a great deal on it at the time, 30 dollars as I remember.  I bought it just in case I needed it in the future sometime.  It was a download as well so back then, I thought it would be great to have a back up that wasn't on cd since I already knew we wouldn't be using these little shiny discs forever.

Well, I found out that it was probably an awesome price because it was a Windows Upgrade!
Darn you Windows!  So, I have Parallels set up and luckily someone in the family says that he has an extra Windows 7 that he doesn't need so I'm going to get his copy so I should be up and running with dual OS soon.  I can't wait to see how this works.

I've never tried this before but that's what I got the mac for, to be able to code in both worlds and test in both worlds.

I have to say, off topic, I've had this mac for about a week now.
I really like it a lot.
Yes, it was expensive compared to another PC but the way everything works and syncs with my iphone and ipad, it's just really nice.

I'm being turned into a Mac fan very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment